It’s homecoming week for Clarke Community Schools and everyone is invited to cheer on the Indians this Friday as they face Saydel on the new home field.
Check out some of the latest images of the new turf and where the Homecoming Game will be held this week.
Here’s a quick video of the entire Clarke facility and the new field from the air!
Over the summer, Clarke Schools invested in a brand new synthetic turf football field. Conversation about making this change started a few years ago and the school was finally able to make it happen this year. By using funds saved up over the years in the district’s SAVE and SILO programs, Clarke was able to finance every stage of the installation without borrowing and with a cushion to continue to make improvements to the facilities.
Before the synthetic turf was installed, the field needed hundreds of dollars each season just for maintenance and paint and the football and soccer teams were at the mercy of ground conditions. Even the marching band had to practice on the baseball diamond to avoid damaging a wet field. The new field allows unlimited football, soccer and band practices, games and performances without damaging the field.
“This investment doesn’t just reduce costs and scheduling conflicts, it helps Clarke Schools stay competitive and is a focal point of school and community pride,” said Steve Seid, Clarke Community Schools Superintendent. “The synthetic turf surpasses safety standards and will cut down on potential injuries. We also hope to be able to use the new field for future contests and tournaments which will be a financial boost for the whole community.”
Come cheer on your Clarke Indians this Friday and check out the new field. Other Homecoming Week events include:
- Boom Night Thursday, September 20th at 7:00pm
- Coronation Friday, September 21st 1:30-2:30 in the Auditorium
- Homecoming Parade Friday, September 21st 2:30-3:00 on the Osceola Square
- Tailgate Party September 21st 5:30-6:45
- All Clarke Community School District families are invited for a free hot dog meal! Park in the lot around the Middle School entrance. *You MUST have a child in the Clarke District to attend the Tailgate Party
- Homecoming Football Game vs. Saydel September 21st at 7:00pm #OneTribe
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Steve Seid, Clarke Community Schools Superintendent, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 641-342-4969 ext. 6.
This article was first published on http://clarkecountylife.com.